Do you have what it takes to become a citizen?
Here some of the questions often asked when applying for
citizenship. How many can you answer?
1. How many stripes are there on the U.S. flag?
2. Who is the chief justice of the Supreme Court today?
3. In what year was the Constitution written?
4. What is guaranteed by the First Amendment?
5. How many Supreme Court justices are there?
7. When was the Declaration of Independence adopted?
8. What are the 13 original states?
9. Who said, "Give me liberty or give me death"? Come to the library to find answers. WE JUST RECEIVED ““WE THE PEOPLE BOOKSHELF. There are BOOKs, DVD’s, CD’s about being “CREATED EQUAL” in this bookshelf. Just in time for the 4th of July
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Catch the Reading Bug! Come sign up for our summer reading program anytime the library is open. Anyone under 18 will get to pick a book that they will be able to take home at the end of our program by reading this summer. Summer storytime starts this Thursday the 19th at 10:30.The Library is having a contest to Create a Bug, stop by and pick up the rules and have the bugs turned in by June 30.
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Summer Reading is finally here! Catch the Reading Bug and Metamorphosis @ the library, are our themes this year. What do the words butterflies, honeybees, grasshoppers and fireflies have in common? They refer to bugs, and each is a _______ word. Visit the library and check out some interesting books. Look for compound words in your summer reading. Get ready and join us for our kick-off party on Tuesday, June 10 at 10:00 at the park.